the street


 

Wednesday 7/20

I’m always amazed at what strangers on the street say and tell me.  A woman just said to her friend - its so busy out here in the world being human. 

And a Caribbean nanny pushes a beautiful baby in a stroller.  I say hello to them and ask whats the kids name.  Henry she says. I tell her I’m Paul.  And she says - “thats my name too. My mother had ten daughters and she wanted some boys so she started to give us boys names.”  She says this with no sorry tone - just a straightforward matter of fact face and way.  It made me wonder how I would feel if my mother did that.  This is one of  many things I love about city life - discovering stuff about others and myself on the street.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

a few fav things

Brilliant

easter