My promise


I think we think our dreams are as fascinating to others as they are to us. They are not. So I promise - once a year only.  

I am in my prime and am working at the tv station and I get a request to sing with Barbra Streisand and some unknown tiny Polynesian singer named Tiki.  I go to a fancy recording studio with Marilyn, the talent coordinator we have at work.  I keep saying, why - about me being there. She tells me they think Tiki and I have quirky voices and Babs is in the mood to do a quirky album.  But I don’t sing I say. La Strei bursts into the studio points at me and says I've met you before, my little pretty and I say, you were concerned about buying the right swimming pool liner. Marilyn hands me a list of names and phone numbers of mostly top shelf PR people and one state senator, and says, after each buy - call these people and talk it up. I say you mean I should say … hello, we just laid down a wild version of People and its gonna blow peoples mind.  She says yes.  I say no.  It will hinder my artistic integrity and due diligence.  After all, 

I'm talent now.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

a few fav things

Brilliant

easter