Sweet Baby Paul

 


I was brought back to my 17 year old self over the weekend. Went to see James Taylor at Jones Beach. Earlier that day, I sat at Nancy's kitchen table and sang Something in the Way She Moves. JT opens his concert with a film of him singing that song over the past fifty years.

 Two of the tickets we have belong to Mary O Connor and her ball and chain. I went to my Junior Prom with her. Haven't seen her since then. She asks me if I remember Peter, Paul and Mary. I think she is referring to us listening to them. No. We went to their concert - I remember the concert but not her being there with me. Only my sister and brother. She said - while we were getting their autographs - Peter Yarrow put his hand down her dress and I saved her from the leech. I have no recall - even though I worked with Peter many, many times at the station over decades.  We used to watch him on all the camera monitors in the control room - trying to cop feels from the volunteer operators during fundrasing drives. Small world.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

a few fav things

Brilliant

easter