Hugo




Thursday 7/7

I go to my deli for ice coffee, a bagel and the Post. As always Hugo is at the counter. Whenever I ask him how he is he says fantastic, fantastic. I ask him if he read today’s cover story in the paper - about a bodega guy in Queens whose now in Rikers, unable to make his 250K bail - all because he killed a guy who walked behind the counter and asked for all the money while his sidekick skanky girlfriend tried to shank him. Hugo says he skimmed the article and I tell him to be careful and just give anyone all the Fireball on the counter they can haul off. Hugo talks to his imaginary assailant - yeah, just chill out, man. Step to the side. Let me make you a sandwich. Roast beef on rye sound good? And I add … be sure to go heavy on the mustard. Good idea - he tosses back. I love starting the day with a hit of Hugo. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

a few fav things

Brilliant

easter