all's well that ends ...

 




Fri 11/11


I walk to a doctors visit and HBO is shooting in Emily’s apartment right below me - something with Molly Shannon. I ask my doc if its true she’s been practicing for 35 years, like it says online.  She says yes - I am amazed.  I thought she was about 50.  She tells me she’s retiring next month. I tell her she’s been a great help to me and that I thought it was about 15 years ago that I first started seeing her. She looks it up.  It’s been 9.  She says “time flies when you’re having fun, right.” She hugs me goodbye and it surprises me. She's never been the warm, touchy type. It’s a beautiful afternoon. The sun is just right at the right time and place for a moment and it turns out I am, too. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

a few fav things

Brilliant

easter