My most Seinfeldian episode

 



Maybe thirty years ago - I am about to leave my parents home in Florida. The three of us sit at their kitchen table. My dad takes out his ancient money clip that one of my sisters made him when she was very young.  It had a Saint Christopher medal on its burnished base and was very smooth and cool to the touch.  I said how much I always liked it. He gave it to me. Before boarding the plane I bought a newspaper and when I taxied home back in the city I realized I left the clip on the counter. My heart sank. I called the airport many times but never found it.  Years later, my father disclosed to me that somehow - a neighbor of his was told by someone about what happened to my cherished, lost money clip.  My dad had it for about 45 years.  Me - 45 minutes.  The odd things that become our legendary sorrows.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

a few fav things

Brilliant

easter