if they were good enough for grandma they were good enough for me

flipping around the channels and came across dr zhviago and scarfaced Pasha was professing his commitment to the revolution to rod stieger and I remembered how important it was for my 15 year old self to copy his eyeglass anti-fashion choice. yup. I wanted those just like grandma wore with the wrap around arms ... that was an important detail for some bizarre reason ... they're now called vintage retro and they were called that even back then. it was the time when we were making our own first choices about how we wanted to present to the world and how much combat we were willing to do with the parental units.  I wore an equality medal ... two horizontal bars on a bronze circle the size of a 50 cent piece. my pops went bonkers.  oh, was a time. so much newness, so much fun.  




 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

a few fav things

Brilliant

easter