Michael


This is the only art I have hanging in my living room. It was left to me by my best city friend, Michael, who died in 1990. A few years later, I produced a series of short tv spots called Keepsakes. People remembered a loved one who died of AIDS without mentioning the term. One of my guests cancelled at the last minute and I asked Mary in our art department if she’d like to do one. She hesitated and then agreed. 

Mary relayed an amazing story about Michael. He borrowed a bottle of gold leaf from her right before he died. A short while later, she needed it for a freelance job and remembered she had given it to Michael. The next day she entered her loft and in the middle of the floor there it was. Her gold leaf.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

a few fav things

Brilliant

easter