Candido


 

Monday the 19th 


10:49 pm back from Cherrys and quite an eventful visit. We made pals with Kelly the bartender who has a one year old son somewhere on Long Island. We talk about this and that and she tells us her baby daddy worked construction at the Belvedere - the wedding cake looking mens only hotel here that resembles Liberace’s wet dream primary crib. She shows us pictures and says her infant is probably the one and only kid ever conceived there. I tell her I’m a good editor and she should write a book - The Belevedere Baby - or maybe The Miracle Birth at The Belevedere - and I’ll give her a sweet deal re: profit share. 


Lynda and Jay took a walk around the Grove this afternoon as I took a noteworthy nap. They ran into Candido who built big chunks of the hotel. They talked and talked and said Lynda should come back on the 4th when they loosen up their fucked up wildly un PC policy and allow women to break thru their barrier/restrictions and experience the grandeur that once was 20th century and earlier gay ooo la la gaga at the go go mojo. 


So we come back to the house after a better than OK drag show and look at photos from summers past out here. I tell Lynda this guy in a pic is my fav worker who a summer or two ago called me sweetheart on the boardwalk … and I was thrilled. 


And lo and behold … she says ... 


that’s Candido.  


To be continued and we’ll see what unfurls as the this week’s episodes of As the Grove Turns unfurl. 


I am pondering the first song we dance to after we exchange rings. Maybe You Don't Know Me. Or  It Had to be You. Both of them - Ray Charles 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

a few fav things

Brilliant

easter