Merry?

 






  • Come young braves

    Come young children

    Come to the book of love with me

    Respect your brothers and your sisters

    Come to the book of love

    I know it ain't easy

    But we're gonna look for a better day

    Come young braves

    Come young children


    I love my country

    As it dies

    In war and pain

    Before my eyes

    I walk the streets

    Where disrespect has been

    The sins of politics

    The politics of sin

    The heartlessness that darkens my soul

    On Christmas


    Red and silver

    On the leaves

    Fallen white snow

    Runs softly through the trees

    Madonnas weep

    For wars of hell

    They blow out the candles

    And haunt Noel

    The missing love that rings through the world

    On Christmas



    Now the time has come to fight

    Laws in the book of love burn bright

    People you must win

    For thee America

    Her dignity

    For all the high court world to see

    On Christmas


    • Laura Nyro, Christmas and the Beads of Sweat 1971


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

a few fav things

Brilliant

easter