letter never sent

 

I had a concrete poem published in an anthology in 1977 - a letter I wrote to a friend about a mutual friend who jumped off the 23rd floor of her apartment building. I couldn’t send it, so I ripped it up and it became the only poem I ever published - except for a couple of very embarrassing ones I wrote in college. 


I gave the book to my deep and true niece Deborah who is the caring matriarch of our mega sized family now. Who knows who will read it and what will happen to it long years from now?  But it is passed on instead of buried in a box under my bed that I barely ever open. 


We had ourselves a music filled merry C eve and day.   

Comments

  1. I am honored that you passed the book to me. it will be enjoyed for years to come. we all enjoyed your company for the Christmas weekend. We had lots of fun and laughs. ❤️ xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

a few fav things

Brilliant

easter