Buck

My friends and I are so old everything reverberates. My lovely lifelong friend Mrs Johnson sends me a birthday greeting that encourages me to go buck wild but not too buck wild

When I was around ten, I thought my name was too plain. My large family was upstate in the country on vacation.  There was a neighbor dog named Mitsy. I saw him one evening in our yard and forgot that on the other side of our large screened in porch, my family was finishing dinner. I felt like I was alone and commanded the dog - Mitsy come to Buck. Big howling ensued from inside the house. It became intergenerational family lore and I recalled it today when I opened the card from my dear companion. 

Comments

  1. Happy Birthday to you, Buck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love being let in on this chiseled childhood memory.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

a few fav things

Brilliant

easter