Happy trails to you until we meet again


It's Hard to Believe Monday . 

Saturday night I roam around inside one of my closets and come across this pic of my childhood hero Roy Rogers. I  haven't seen it in years. I thought the OG Mr Rogers was the most handsome, kindest and brave man on television and he was very lucky to be married to Dale - the most beautiful woman in the world. They both road horses and harmonized their boots off - just like my parental units. I entered their Name That Pony contest - submitting Ponytail. I didn’t win. I hang the photo on my gallery wall.


About 24 hours later, I am watching Granchester on Masterpiece Mystery. It’s about a detective and his family who live in an English hamlet in the 1950s where an inordinate number of murders occur. He has a very tight friendship with the Indian vicar with the MGM looks. In one scene said man of God sits at his desk - pondering whether to open a letter from his miscreant mother. He opens his desk draw and the letter is sitting on top of the Roy Rogers photo I just hung.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Born Leonard Franklin Slye.
It was like seeing a foreign country. Between the clothes and the horses. And the landscape. Not like long island fo sho

Popular posts from this blog

Don

As my sister Suzie says ...

from Days Without End