I told my friend Lynda that I want to read old and important books cause I'm old and being important wouldn't be so bad. I have this great book ... 1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die. I better get going. I come upon Rosseau. I thought he was a painter, a Naive one, the one who painted the big very flat lion in profile. Rosseau the writer wrote Reveries of a Solitary Walker which is described as a wonderfully lyrical, heartfelt and somewhat obsessive account of an aging man's reckoning with his past. I'll give it a try if reading a bit of it at the Strand doesn't turn me off. They say its a vital precursor to the great novels of isolation and despair: Dostoevsky, Beckett, Salinger. Franny and Zooey is one of my favorite books. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Don

As my sister Suzie says ...

Bye