exit

 Saturday 7/16 







I go to visit Amanda and Nancy in my hometown.  We go to the beach and walk and talk about what we talk about and then go back to Nancys. We’ve known each other since we were ten. The house was originally built in around 1870 - no typo there.  We swim and hot tub and eat tasty chicken, grilled vegetables, banana bread and wine - and end the night in her comfy living room talking about our mutual fear of nursing homes and the end. I tell them about the former hemlock society - which I tell them is now exit.com - which I find out is wrong - its called "compassion and choices."  We talk about various ways of ending it and then find ourselves in deep, sudden silence. And then we laugh. 

Comments

  1. You guys are nuts! Lol you all have a lot left to live laugh and love! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. easy for you to say, you thirtysomethinger. but thx for the sentiment.

      Delete
  2. Let’s have a repeat of a wonderful day but maybe minus the last conversation. Or not !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get emails from exitinternational.net. I want to choose when to exit if need be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this ! We'll celebrate ur birthday real soon ❤️👍

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

a few fav things

Brilliant

easter